You must take immediate action when it comes to deal with water damage.
There are many services available who provide service during emergency 24 hours. However, when it comes to water damage be sure to ensure your service provider is fully equipped with advanced technology, professionals and experienced. Choosing the service provider with close attention will not only do their job to perfection but also monitoring and documentation will be done in a professional manner.
Scenarios – Water Damage
There can be thousands of reasons and many sources for water damage. It can be from improper installation, loose appliance hoses and things can lead to disaster. No matter how many is the sources, the professional service providers are also there to handle the disaster.
Flood can occur out of natural disaster or sudden incident. It can happen in small area like your flat or kitchen area or a complete area can be submerged. Whenever flood occurs, it becomes a hectic situation in order to remove water as soon as possible
Below are the few reasons and sources:
Storm Water Damage :
- Whenever a storm occurs, it not only damages property with the heavy wind but also causes heavy rainfall. The residence or roads can be flooded with water reasoning the property damage or rainfall-induced flooding. The submerged water on the road or house yard can hamper daily life and especially health.
Flooded basements Water Damage:
- The basement of a commercial space or apartment can get flooded for diverse situations. Water pipe leakage, drain line leakage or natural disasters can cause flooding in underground space. It is very difficult to remove water from this place because usually it is used as storage.
- Hurricane often occurs in the US. hurricane leaves long-term adverse effect and property damage on a certain area. Once hurricane attacks a community, roads, low land houses etc get submerged under water. Such disaster stop daily life and people may suffer from waterborne diseases. Therefore, it needs a huge force and professional help to remove water in order to normalize the life.
- A tropical storm is similar to a hurricane. Storm can cause long term or short term damage depending on the duration of the disaster. However, in order to save life, health and property, it is the utmost necessity to remove water from the submerged area.
- Sewage backup causes a blockage on the toilet. It can be seen on the commode, bathtub or sink line. Whenever the sewage backups is seen, it is strongly advised to seek professional help for sewage and water removal.
Loose and leaking appliances – water heaters, plumbing, etc.
- After installation of appliances like a water heater, filters or washing machine etc, it is important to do a regular checkup. Keep a check whether the machines are working well or if there is any leakage. If the appliances are left without checkups, the lose connection and leakage can cause flooding in your apartment or office area.
Blocked and overflowing toilets, bathtubs, and sinks
Blocking on toilets, bathtubs or sinks is a common incident which can occur if the sewage line is struck by something. Once you experience this, we suggest you to seek professional service provider to remove the obstacle and remove the water.
Identifying the amount of property damage
Extent of contamination
Compare cost – replacement vs. Water Damage
Water Damage Cleanup and Repair
Even though it may seem repair and restoration process is similar, there is a slight difference while operating the service. No matter what the situation is, if immediate action is not taken it can result in health issue, financial problem and so on. However, below are the criteria you must consider in order to decide whether you need to repair or restore your damaged property.
Prevention is better than cure
Mold culture is to identify the error and possible solution by conducting a test. The purpose of this mold test is to screen a building and identify for any mold contamination. Once you find a mold in a space, first and foremost thing you need to do is take action immediately. When this kind of problem occurs, seek professional help rather than try to do it by yourself. There are a huge number of service providers available who work for both water damage repair and restoration. Do not ignore the small molds because small molds can eventually affect your health and property. Ignoring molds for a long time will also cause difficulty while removal.
The procedure of Water Damage Restoration
The above-mentioned scenarios are not all. There can be the unique situation you haven’t experienced but caused water damage. Every different situation requires a contextualized solution. However, there are several regular steps that need to be followed for the water damage restoration process. To have in knowledge, below is the illustration of regular water damage repair and restoration process.
Emergency Contact As soon as you encounter with water induced damage, contact with experts.
Inspection and Damage Assessment
After experiencing the damage, investigate the place to identify the root cause of damage. Also measure the extent of water damage which helps to decide whether you need repair or complete restoration.
The next step is to completely extract the water from the place.
Drying and De humidification
After extracting, the place needs to be dried out. It will protect the property. In order to dry the place, you can use dehumidifiers and other advanced equipment to ensure no hidden moisture. The existence of minimal humidity will eventually damage your property.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
Sanitizing is very important. It will not only keep your place dry but also protect your health to avoid risk.
Restoration is the last but a significant stage. Here the professional will explain you about the proper restoration solution according to your damage scenario.
No matter which company service you choose, make sure these processes are followed while the professionals work on your project. Do not ignore the small problem of water blockage. You may not know the reason for the slightest problem which can result in flooding. It is always advisable to seek professional help for repair and restoration of water damage. The professionals have modern technology and expertise that will help to clean the area, repair the problem source and also protect your properties.
A thunderstorm has a similar effect like tornadoes. It is unpredictable when thunderstorm may occur. The lightning comes with heavy rain. Thunderstorm mostly damages the electronic items. Due to heavy rain, it can also cause flooding on roads or basement areas.
Tornado is another form of natural disaster that results in an adverse effect on life and property. Tornado sometimes damages the electricity line and water line. Once the two interacts with each other, it becomes life-threatening. Immediate action is much needed in such scenario.